Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tech Project 2-Screencast

For this project, I expanded on my last screencast that I made to teach two high needs students how to write a 5 sentence paragraph using the analogy of a hamburger. I again showed my last screencast and told them that this time they were going to create their own. Students first went through the writing process and then created their screencasts. They then presented them to one another and gave each other some stars letting them know what they liked. Both boys loved making their screencasts and when they were finished asked when they were going to be able to make another. The screencast were very simple for them to make and they were able to do a lot of it independently. It's great when I can find something that motivates, engages, and excites the students that I work with because so many times that is a large piece of what they are struggling with. Next time instead of just recording their voices I will have them add some writing to it as well.

1 comment:

  1. What app did you use for your screencast? I have used the educreations but you can't edit or stop and start the recording. (I don't think)

    ReplyDelete